Tuesday 17 December 2019

Council of European Canadians - EuroCanadian.ca article 2019/12/16



A Green New Deal = A Revolution Against Whiteness

Jordan C. Lewans

The following is a response to a placed political statement by the Council of Canadians on page B6 of the 18/11/19 edition of the Medicine Hat News. 

​​​A few weeks ago I found myself over lunch reading a piece written by one David Condon of “the local chapter of the Council of Canadians” titled “A green new deal”. Considering what I have heard about Alexandria Ocasio-Cortes’s plan of the same name, I tensed when I read the headline. I knew this wasn’t going to be good. 

Thankfully, Condon’s article did not start throwing around dollar figures in the trillions or suggest rewilding most of the country. However, I found the “Green New Deal” as discussed by this Mr David Condon to be philosophically incoherent, and in need of a stern rebuttal.... [ continue at the article for CEC - Council for European Canadians here:  ---> https://www.eurocanadian.ca/2019/12/a-green-new-deal-revolution-against-whiteness.html ]



No comments: