Wednesday 3 July 2019

Gathering At The Town Hall Over " Cougar " Gift from Hussars - Wark Times Reports


Bruce Wark covered the recent gathering at the Town Hall with this article:

https://warktimes.com/2019/07/03/sackville-councillors-hear-pros-and-con-of-cougar-memorial-at-packed-town-hall-meeting/

I left a comment, as always...

Your comment is awaiting moderation. 
University towns are probably the most culturally confusing place I have ever lived in my over 50 years .. I think if I had known what goes in a university town I would probably not have moved here and invested in real estate. That’s what the problem is; we have people with very conflicting values living here… its not a big place but there a lot of things that come up and divide the people.. the drive-thru at the Alders was another issue I thought ridiculous but I just sit back and watch now .. and observe.. I don’t think you’d ever reach a “consensus” but a park for war memorials must maintain its profile and its dignity and when gifted a Cougar place it respectfully in a spot and hope that people understand that conflict and war are part of the world we live in even if we all wish for peace there are cultural and economic reasons for war that none of us can solve.. the Cougar will remind us that peace is our goal as a town and a society. I hope.

No comments: