Sunday 21 April 2019

John Murchie ..... Mayoral Candidate 2012

From the where are they now files ... remembering Rotarian John Murchie's run for Mayor in 2012.. I wonder if he is still interested in the small time political life as he continues to maintain his Facebook fan page.  Can't say he has lifted a finger to help with the ongoing promotion of  "Tantramar Skate Park" project since 2012 .. perhaps the Rotary doesn't consider this youth project important; but I do.

Building a wonderful, new, super cool, concrete world-class skatepark would be great for our little town... and I do believe the impossible is possible ... Murchie was -- talking to my neighbour's teenager and mine back then and how the time flies eh?  I don't care much for politics nor the small minds and gossips in this town.. but I think the youth deserve a great skatepark... projects, not politics, eh?

John Murchie for Mayor Facebook page says:
"May 2, 2012
There is always a surprise lurking. Tonight I was out trying to sell some more tickets for a Rotary fundraiser - our main one to raise money for a couple students from here to go somewhere and for a couple of students from somewhere to come here - when I was stopped by two non-voting community members who asked if I was running for Mayor. I agreed that I am, and they wanted to talk about the need for better skateboarding facilities in Sackville. We had a terrific discussion about what might be needed - they obviously much more knowing than I - and how it might come to be - me somewhat more knowing on this part. I don't like making promises, but I did promise them an advocate if elected. I should have also told them, an advocate now even if not elected. Who wouldn't be?"