Friday 24 February 2023

Mayor Andrew Black Continues to Celebrate Himself and His Political Life ... Why?

 Its tacky and unnatural to be so boastful and self aggrandizing.. but someone or some group has been blowing smoke up Andrew Black's ass for a while around here.. it must have been that very unhelpful comment he made during a council meeting about "stolen lands"... so besides receiving a few votes... ... what has he actually accomplished?  If anyone around here should get a medal it is Bruce Wark for covering the ongoing shitshow in such painstakingly great detail. Black on Facebook has about 290 followers/fans...

Over the weekend of February 10-12 I, and most of Tantramar Council, went to the UMNB Orientation Weekend. The event turned out to be incredible with many new Mayors and Councillors from across the province, as well as seasoned elected officials, to get together and learn the ropes for their new roles.
The Honourable Brenda Murphy, the Lieutenant Govenor of New Brunswick, dropped in to honor myself and the new Mayor of the New municipality of Alnwick, Ernest Robichaud, with the Queen Elizabeth II Platinum Jubilee Medal. Needless to say, Mayor Robichaud and myself were very pleased that the Lieutenant Govenor stopped by and we both felt very honored to receive this recognition and award."




Failed politician and local mask and vaxx promoter Shawn Mesheau, former mayor has a Facebook page as well .. over 300 followers..



Shawn seems to be feeling a little sorry for himself, how embarrassing, weak for him:

I have always felt it is important to give back to society in some form.
I did this by being a volunteer in several organizations here in my community and continue to do so as a proud member of the Royal Canadian Legion Branch 26. My father was a veteran and I have several friends who have served.
The Legion plays an important role in our community and today I gave my time to serve a nice warm stew to patrons at the Legion.
As I was giving of my time today, someone (a recent Queens Jubilee Medal recipient) who is rarely seen at a Legion meal or event and was there to support someone who had been awarded the “Crown of Winterfest” approached the serving table with a pleasant hello and smile.
Which was then followed by, ”I see you got another job”. I would have to presume they were referencing my election loss and no longer holding the position of mayor. I was at a loss for words. So being polite I said nothing.
Maybe this person thought they were being funny, I am not sure, however I felt very insulted and put down.
My duties as mayor in my mind was not a job it was a responsibility I chose to take on. The salary provided did not reflect the time I put in nor was I looking for it to(ask Angie she will tell you). This is the same with my volunteer work with the Legion, it is a responsibility I chose to take on and out of the goodness of my heart today I gave back to my community.
I will pull myself up, dust myself off and not allow the ignorance of others to deter me in my efforts to make my community a better place.
Please take the time to give back to your community and please know that if it wasn’t for community minded people we would be lesser as a society."

No comments: