Wednesday 29 May 2019

"Hounds of Vintage" hounds Painted Pony & Maxime Bernier, PPC Nancy Mercier in Beausejour supporters



Read about it here first!
 
Facebook page 

"Hounds of Vintage" https://www.facebook.com/houndsofvintage/

"An Open Letter from Hounds of Vintage
Hello,
I am writing to express my concern for a Meet & Greet you are hosting this Friday with People’s Party of Canada candidate from Shediac, Nancy Mercier. Both Leader of PPC Maxime Bernier and Nancy Mercier both continually share inaccurate news on the climate catastrophe, encourage their members to speak out publicly against abortion and gender identity rights, and spout dangerous nationalist rhetoric that aligns with an alt-right political agenda.
I am your neighbour, and I am Queer. When voices like these are given platforms in my community I DO NOT FEEL SAFE OR WELCOME, nor do I feel like this community is a safe place for my customers, friends and family, both biological and chosen.
I encourage you to consider the implications of hosting such events. Events like this give voices to HATRED, BIGOTRY, AND VIOLENCE, and further the oppression and discrimination of marginalized people. By hosting such political ideologies in your establishment you are saying to me I am not welcome there, or in this town in general. This is not a message I would like associated with this town or my business.
Again, I would reconsider hosting this event and strongly think about cancelling. If not, you will definitely see my LOUD QUEER VOICE at your doorsteps Friday evening.
Sincerely,
Derrick Dixon
Business Owner,
Hounds of Vintage,
Sackville, NB"

Derrick .. I don't care if you are queer but if you are anti-free speech intolerant nazi dude then we have a problem..  you're a very naughty naughty fellow for doing this targetting and bullying -- if this is your idea of "social justice" I think its unjust and anti-social.. #radical agenda

Some people in this town are so intolerant of free speech they call the police over words... its very weak behaviour... this is what universities are producing.. and this is the kind of behaviour they think is perfectly normal ... yikes!:

"Tasia Alexopoulos Good for them.
Still won't ever forgive the time the owners called the cops on a local feminist for making a complaint online about a Ladies Night event (and she was questioned by police for over an hour) but, hey, this is something!"


"The Painted Pony Bar & Grill I thought I would respond to your message on Facebook giving you the full information regarding that particular situation. The feminist that you are speaking of did not write a complaint she posted that she wanted to burn the restaurant down. A student from the University called the RCMP and told them of the message. No one from the Painted Pony contacted the RCMP ...they actually contacted us after that post was placed as we were unaware of that threat. When the police contacted us we asked them to do nothing regarding it but because of the threat they had to follow through with it. Part of the problem with social media people jump on the bandwagon and start commenting on stuff that they're not fully aware of so I just thought I would let you know that is how the situation transpired"

Tasia Alexopoulos The Painted Pony Bar & Grill Hi again. I was with the student when the police called her and I took her to the police station. I spoke with a lawyer and her parents during the ordeal. So I'm not just "jumping on the bandwagon" actually. The police told her, outright, that the Painted Pony was charging her during her questioning. They showed her screenshots of facebook comments (that did not threaten to burn the restaurant down, she stated the misogyny should burn). So, that's on the cops for lying I guess. This all transpired after students asked multiple times for the "all you can drink" Ladies Night event to be cancelled. Everyone received rude responses. It's understandable that people were angry after expressing their legitimate concerns about and event that was all about getting women drunk fast and cheap. And thank you for responding publicly, you seem to think that's not what I wanted but I commented publicly so I think it's very transparent of you to do so."

A Little Background On Tasia Here:

https://twitter.com/tweldoncbc/status/694630271199637504
Derrick follows up with...

"We sincerely appreciate the response we have had from The Painted Pony Bar & Grill regarding this issue. This is how you respond to bigotry and hatred and I am so proud to live and work in a town that takes action so swiftly. Thank you ❤️